About the show
Organised by the Heavy Vehicle Industry Australia (HVIA) formerly the Commercial Vehicle Industry Association of Queensland since its inception in 1968, the Brisbane Truck Show is recognised as the Australian transport industry’s premier event.
Held every two years, the Brisbane Truck Show attracts upwards of 300 exhibitors and 37,000 attendees over the four days of entry. Exhibitor displays will showcase the latest in heavy vehicles, technology, engineering and innovation.
The HVIA is dedicated to the continuous development of the show and in maintaining its status as Australia’s Premier Industry Event – the event that attracts the highest calibre of industry buyers and attendees providing maximum return on investment for the industry.
The Brisbane Truck Show also plays an important role supporting the Queensland economy. In 2017 HVIA commissioned the AEC group to conduct an Economic Impact Assessment of the 2017 show.
The results for the industry’s premier event are outstanding:
Over its duration, the Brisbane Truck Show attracted 63% of its visitors from outside of Brisbane, whilst 28% of those transited from interstate and 11.6% internationally.
Even more impressive is the huge impact the show contributed to the local and State economy, generating:
- The equivalent of 279 full time employment positions or 19.7 million in paid wages and salaries.
- Adding an additional expenditure of over 73.2 million dollars in output into the Queensland economy
- Contributed a boost in the Gross State Product (GSP) of 36.6 million dollars
The Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre (BCEC) is home to the Brisbane Truck Show, which offers exhibitors and visitors total all-weather protection, the most professional convention and meeting room facilities, and walking distance access to the best hotels and restaurants within Brisbane’s CBD and South Bank precinct, further underline its standing as a world class industry event.
The Brisbane Truck Show occupies all three levels of the centre making it the biggest event to be held at the BCEC since its opening in 1995.
The clear advantages of using the BCEC to host the Brisbane Truck Show are obvious and compelling:
- The BCEC was named as the 2016 World’s Best Convention Centre! The announcement was made at the Annual General Assembly of the International Association of Congress Centres (AIPC) in Nantes, France.
- Full undercover exhibition facility with the most efficient layout maximizing exhibitor space while reducing the overall footprint. Available exhibition space is comparable with the largest showgrounds but with superior layout and facilities.
- Fully air-conditioned complex.
- Unparalleled exhibitor contractor access and facilities for site construction.
- Dozens of professional meeting, seminar and function rooms to cater from 20 to 2000 people.
- The BCEC provides undercover parking for 1500 vehicles, with direct lift access to the Centre’s convention and exhibition facilities. QPAC, Queensland Museum and South Bank car parks offer an additional 1,500 undercover car parks within easy 2 minute walking distance of the venue. The South Brisbane Railway station and Cultural Centre Busway terminal are located immediately behind and adjacent the BCEC and offer unrivalled access for visitors.
- The world famous South Bank precinct located on the banks of the Brisbane River is the ideal hub for the show and the quintessential location for media launches, corporate events, client functions and entertaining featuring attractions such as the Queensland Art Gallery, Queensland Performing Arts Centre (QPAC) and the Queensland Museum and Maritime Museum to name but a few highlights.