The ALL NEW Brisbane Truck Show Awards
STOP PRESS: ***Finalists announced – follow this link***
Hosted by Heavy Vehicle Industry Australia (HVIA) with the support of Platinum Partner BP Australia, the ALL NEW Brisbane Truck Show Awards celebrate our dynamic heavy vehicle industry by showcasing the last two year’s best design, engineering and manufacturing achievements, influenced by a culture of innovation and safety.
The new award program creates opportunities for all HVIA members and Brisbane Truck Show Exhibitors by enabling them to put forward their latest product and service innovations, to be judged by a large cohort comprising the country’s leading transport and equipment journalists and reviewers.
The award categories are:
- Best light or medium duty truck sponsored by Truck Assist
- Best heavy duty truck
- Best trailer
- Best PBS innovation
- Best Body innovation
- Best Component, Equipment or Service Innovation sponsored by Castrol
- Best Technology innovation
- Best Australian designed and engineered product – all classes
- Best Australian manufactured innovation – all classes sponsored by BP Australia
Nominations will be via an online form on the Brisbane Truck Show website exhibitor portal.
Nominations open: 22 March 2017
Nominations close: 12 April 2017
- Exhibitors are permitted to nominate more than one product.
- Entries can be made for multiple award categories with the same product (simply by checking more than one category on the form.)
The nomination process is designed to be simple, utilising an online form accessible from the Brisbane Truck Show website Exhibitor Portal. All HVIA members and Brisbane Truck Show exhibitors are invited to enter your best product(s) or service subject to the following criteria.
Your products need to meet a set of compliance criteria to be considered:
- Products released to market between May 2015 and 28 May 2017
- STOP PRESS: Products or services released prior to and including AT the 2017 Brisbane Truck Show are eligible.
- If a revised model – what are the distinguishing new features, upgrades or enhancements? (50 words max)
- The product as described must still be on the market as at 28 May 2017.
- Product or service will be on display at the 2017 Brisbane Truck Show
- No product recalls – serviceware and software updates excepted
- Entry in the name of an HVIA member and/or Brisbane Truck Show exhibitor.
- Joint entries are welcome
- Duplicate product entries will not be accepted.
- All entries will be withdrawn until consensus by interested parties is achieved.
Nominations will then be judged based on succinct responses to the following judging criteria and supporting evidence:
Judging criteria (/100 points)
Maximum 50 words on each criterion including links to external resources. Responses shouldn’t rely on judges searching for external information or any expectation of judges reading or watching external materials.
- Technical innovation and/or features (/15)
- Safety as a prime consideration (/15)
- Innovative safety features (/10)
- Service/maintenance support (/10)
- Information availability (current) (/10) – demonstrate that your potential customer will be able to find the answers to their questions with easily accessed, clear and well-presented information.
- Distribution Network (/10)
- Delivery time (/10)
- Stock held in Australia (/10)
- Value for money (/10) – the balance lies somewhere between suitability for purpose, cost of purchase, maintenance, downtime, lifetime, and considering productivity and safety benefits.
Each criterion has a contributing value totalling a maximum score of 100 points. The highest nett average for each category will be judged the winner.
A maximum of three finalists will be announced in each category, with the winners announced at the 2017 Brisbane truck Show Award night.
Of course, the judges’ decision is final.
The prestigious 2017 Brisbane Truck Show Awards will be presented at a special cocktail event at the Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre on the first evening of the show, Thursday 25th May from 6.30pm – 9.00pm.
Entry will be via a separate ticket. Ticket sales will be announced closer to the show.
- All finalists will be given a display sign acknowledging their status as finalist in their category for your exhibit.
- The prize for winners is a trophy.
- Winners will also be presented with updated display signs.
- Media interviews will be encouraged.
- A full listing of winners will feature in the first available edition of ATN with photos, plus online media.
Enquiries: Steve Power HVIA firstname.lastname@example.org m: 0437 897 882