HVIA Privacy Statement
The HVIA agrees to comply with the Privacy Act 1988, as amended by the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012 including the thirteen Australian Privacy Principles (APP) in all interactions with members, members of the public, contractors and service providers of the HVIA.
There are thirteen Australian Privacy Principles that impact on HVIA. These are:
- APP1 Open and Transparent management of personal information
- APP2 Anonymity and Pseudonymity
- APP3 Collection of Solicited Personal Information
- APP4 Dealing with Unsolicited Personal Information
- APP5 Notification of the Collection of Personal Information
- APP6 Use or Disclosure of Personal Information
- APP7 Direct Marketing
- APP8 Cross Border Disclosure of Personal Information
- APP9 Adoption, Use or Disclosure of Government Related Identifiers
- APP10 Quality of Personal Information
- APP11 Security of Personal Information
- APP12 Access to Personal Information
- APP13 Correction of Personal Information
Click here for detailed information on the Australian Privacy Principles.
The kind of personal information the HVIA may hold is:
- Details of name, business, position title
- Address details
- Phone and electronic contact details
- Financial records of card or account numbers
The Heavy Vehicle Industry Australia (HVIA) uses the information provided by you pursuant to this Space Application for the primary purpose of processing, assessing and determining the occupancy of space at the Brisbane Truck Show. Any information given pursuant to the documents lodged could be deemed personal information and accordingly is governed by the Privacy Legislation. Any information lodged with the HVIA will remain confidential at all times except for disclosure which you may have consented to or which is otherwise required by law. We may pass your information on to any Operational Service Providers such as hire contractors or such other persons the HVIA deems helpful in enabling successful applicants fulfil their contractual obligations relating to exhibiting in the show.
You need not give us any of the personal information requested in any document or communication relating to this matter. However, without this information, we may not be able to provide to you the services in relation to the conducting and organising of the show or other services provided under this transaction or provides you with an appropriate level of service. In most cases, you are able to gain access to personal information held by us about you on request and ask us to correct it if you believe it is incorrect or out of date.
HVIA will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information it holds is accurate, complete and up to date.
The main purpose that HVIA holds this information is:
- Verify your details and assess your ability to satisfy your obligations under this transaction:
- Administer and manage this transaction
- Arrange any necessary insurance cover for ourselves or you for the show or any other event covered by this transaction;
- Archiving of records of correspondence, emails or any other form of correspondence
- To facilitate all internal business operations and provide you with details of our products and services related to but not limited to, events, advice, surveys, products, information and membership
HVIA may use direct marketing to communicate to members, stakeholders and interested parties for the purposes of:
- Promoting an upcoming HVIA organised event or meeting including, but not limited to, the Brisbane Truck Show, ComVec, President’s Charity Dinner, Golf Day, Awards Night and Networking and/or Information Sessions.
- Providing information about current industry issues or critical technical issues where comment may be required.
In all instances HVIA will provide the recipient with a means to opt out of the direct marketing campaign.
How Personal Information is collected and held:
HVIA collects your personal information, and that of other members, stakeholders and interested parties, through your interactions and transactions with us. This includes:
- Being an attendee, delegate, exhibitor or participant at the Brisbane Truck Show or HVIA organised events and meetings
- Applying for membership using the HVIA application form
- Being an attendee, delegate, exhibitor or participant at non-HVIA events or meetings that HVIA staff attend
- Through face to face or electronic consultations
- Nominating for a HVIA industry award
Where your personal information is stored:
HVIA holds your personal information electronically on its secure server located at the HVIA office. Member’s information is also stored in hard copy format at the HVIA office.
Use of Outside Services:
Occasionally, HVIA contracts out services to a third party, which carries out work that cannot be performed by HVIA at our premises. The type of personal information that may be given to these companies is:
- Details required for production of printed material
- Details required for the distribution of electronic bulletins
- Personal and financial information required to enable a transaction to take place between the person and the HVIA
- Details provided by members or associated groups or individuals provided for the purpose of achieving public recognition, marketing or advertising by appearing in media distributed by or supported by the HVIA
Third Party Promotions:
HVIA may provide contact details of attendees of HVIA events to event sponsors to enable them to contact the attendees or forward information to them about their services and products.
HVIA does not disclose the personal information it holds to overseas recipients.
Accessing your personal information:
If you wish to access, change or update your personal information details that HVIA holds please contact the Chief Executive Officer at PO Box 3080 Darra Qld 4076. Any requests for access will be responded to within ten working days of the request being received.
If you wish to complain about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles or if you have concerns about the way your personal information is managed by HVIA please forward your complaint, in writing, to PO Box 3080 Darra Qld 4076 and attention it to the Chief Executive Officer. A response will be made within ten working days of your complaint being received.
The HVIA will establish a Privacy Statement based upon this policy. Copies of the HVIA Privacy Statement will be made available as a public document.
All HVIA electronic communications will have a Privacy Statement reference attached.
Evaluation and Review
This statement will be reviewed annually or more often as directed by the HVIA Board of Directors.