The Brisbane Truck Show celebrates its 50 year anniversary
Heavy Vehicle Industry Australia (HVIA) has today launched the 50 year anniversary Brisbane Truck Show, to be held at the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre (BCEC) from Thursday 25 to Sunday 28 May 2017.
HVIA Chief Executive Brett Wright said the major milestone is a great reflection on the innovation and resilience of the Australian heavy vehicle industry.
“The show has come a long way from its humble beginnings when twenty-one truck, trailer and component manufacturers and suppliers came together at Haulmark Trailers’ premises in Rocklea in 1968,” Brett said.
“The 2017 Brisbane Truck Show is the fourth that will be held at BCEC, and will feature up to 300 exhibitors displaying the latest trucks, trailers, components, equipment, accessories and technology.”
Mr Wright announced a series of new features and improvements for the 50 year anniversary show.
“As part of the celebration HVIA will be featuring an innovation, manufacturing and workforce development display on the Plaza level,” Brett said.
“Our focus is always on making the event a great experience for visitors and exhibitors. The improvements we’ve made for the 2017 Brisbane Truck Show range from online ticketing to the exhibition layout.”
“As previously, visitors can enter BCEC from any of three points however the main foyer entry will no longer interfere with visitors moving between the main halls and the upper floors.”
Other innovations and reforms include:
- VIP ticket holders will gain exclusive show access from 10:00am on Thursday 25th May 2017 with the show opening to the general public from midday. Exhibitors and HVIA members will be able to purchase VIP tickets through the Brisbane Truck Show Exhibitor Portal.
- The Brisbane Truck Show opening breakfast will commence at 7:30am and run to 9:00am. The breakfast now precedes the official truck manufacturers’ media tour which will run from 9:30am until midday. This will streamline both events and ensure their timing does not conflict.
- The show awards have been reformed to recognise and reward excellence in innovation, safety and productivity.
- Attendee registration will be introduced creating opportunities for exhibitors and attendees to more effectively interact during and after the show.
Introducing online ticketing for purchase directly from the Brisbane Truck Show website.
- The popular Apprentice Challenge will now be a truly national event with competitors being represented from each of the HVIA regions including the Eastern Region of Queensland, NSW and ACT; the Southern Region of Victoria, South Australia and Tasmania; and North-western Region of Western Australia and NT.
HVIA looks forward to welcoming you to celebrate our 50 year anniversary Brisbane Truck Show, Australia’s premier event, run by industry for industry” Mr Wright said.
Exhibitors should contact National Events Manager Noelene Bradley (07) 3376 6266 or visit the show website for further show information.
0437 897 882